My 5 Step Skin Care Routine !

1:06 AM


Many of us get lazy when it comes to our skin care routine, most of us know the steps but we’re not bothered and some of us aren’t sure so we just avoid it. How we care for our skin at a younger age will have a vast difference when we get older in future. Proper skin care also helps in giving us a good canvas when we apply our makeup. 

There are many times where I just want to skip my whole skin care routine so I can head to bed earlier or get more sleep in the morning, but each time I remind myself that i will regret in future if i do not care for my skin right now.
So today I’ll be sharing with you my basic 5 step skin care routine which I do everyday!



1. Cleanse
 Always cleanse especially at night when our face is at its dirtiest, we don’t want to have any dirt that might cause breakouts or acne on our face. A cleanser typically removes whatever dirt/ makeup we have on our skin.


2. Toner
Why should I use a toner? Toner helps to remove any product residue on our skin, refreshes our skin and also tighten our pores. Some toners have hydrating uses which helps prevent our skin from drying out easily.

3. Eye Cream
I used to skip this step but now I realized that it actually makes a difference(!) especially when I put on eye makeup. Eye cream helps to moisturize our eye area to prevent fine lines and wrinkles form happening.  For those who have dark circles or puffiness, eye cream can be used to treat it.

4. Serum
Serum has really improved my skin as I used to have really dry skin. Face serum penetrates deeper into our skin for absorption which locks in the moisture. Applying serum to your skin care routine before makeup can really work wonders.

5. Moisturize
Lastly, moisturize! Yes ,even after applying serum we still need to apply moisturizer! Moisturizer leaves our skin feeling nourished and supple.

Products that i'm currently using:
Cleanser - Cetaphil, I highly recommend this as it is great for all skin types!
Toner - Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Hydrating toner, been using it for 2 years and i really love this!
Eye Cream - Benefit It's Potent! It helps for my dry eyelids but doesn't seem to help with my dark circles.
Serum - 
Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Moisture Boost Concentrate, it's really light and hydrating without that sticky feeling.
Moisturizer - Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, works really well for my dry skin!


Note: I have dry and sensitive skin so the products that work for me might not work for you as we all have different skin conditions. 
I hope that the products that i use might help those who have dry and sensitive skin like mine. 

This are my skin care steps and i hope it helps you in understanding the products and also which steps to take first for your skin care routine!

xx Carmen


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CarmenYoungMakeup